Live Chat Software by Kayako
Compile on Ubuntu 18.04
Posted by Thang Le Toan on 02 August 2018 09:05 AM
Quick and dirty guide for compiling remmina on ubuntu 18.04
These are instructions for people or software developers who want to contribute to the latest version of Remmina on Ubuntu 18.04.
If you are an end user and you want to install the latest version of remmina, please use the "Remmina Team Ubuntu PPA - next branch", as explained on the homepage of the wiki.
By following these instructions, you will get Remmina and FreeRDP compiled under the /opt/remmina_devel/ subdir, so they will not mess up your system too much. This is ideal for testing remmina.
You will also find the uninstall instructions at the bottom of this page.
1. Install all packages required to build freerdp and remmina:
2. Remove freerdp-x11 package and all packages containing the string remmina in the package name.
3. Create a new directory for development in your home directory, and cd into it
4. Download the latest source code of FreeRDP from its master branch
5. Configure FreeRDP for compilation (don't forget to include -DWITH_PULSE=ON)
Please note that the above line will make FreeRDP install in /opt/remmina_devel/freerdp
6. Compile FreeRDP and install
7. Make your system dynamic loader aware of the new libraries you installed. For Ubuntu x64:
8. Create a symbolik link to the executable in /usr/local/bin
9. Test the new freerdp by connecting to a RDP host
10. Now clone remmina repository to your devel dir:
11. Configure Remmina for compilation
12. Compile remmina and install it
13. Create a symbolik link to the the executable
14. Run remmina
Please note that icons and launcher files are not installed, so don't search for remmina using Unity Dash.
1. Remove the devel directory
2. Remove the binary directory
3. Cleanup symlinks and dynamic loader