This manual is a work in progress. Feel free to contribute and help us to make this manual useful and pleasant to read.
Screen shots are taken and modified with Shutter
Remmina is a feature rich Remote Desktop Application for GNU Linux(tm) and FreeBSD and possibly other Unixes.
- Maintain a list of connection profiles, organized by groups
- Make quick connections by directly putting in the server address
- Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable/scalable in both window and fullscreen mode.
- Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
- Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
- Tabbed interface, optionally managed by groups.
- Tray icon, allows you to quickly access configured connection profiles
- Remote screen-shots
How to use Remmina
The following are typical use cases
Quick connect using RDP
Use this if you don't need or want to save your connection. Only RDP, SSH, VNC and NX are supported in the quick connect.
- Choose the protocol
- Insert the server name
- Click on connect
Create a new Profile
- Click on the "New Profile" icon
- Enter your server connection details
- You can ask Remmina to execute commands before and after the connection
- If you use Avahi, you can search available hosts as highlighted
- You can group different connections.
- Name: this is the name you gave to this connection, it's just for you to recognize it easily.
- Protocol: here you choose the protocol type: RDP, SFTP, SSH
- Pre-command: what to do before starting the connection
- Post-command: what to do after closing the connection
- Server: here you put the IP address of the remote machine